- What does salicylic acid do to your skin?
Salicylic acid is an exfoliant that sheds off dead skin cells by penetrating deep into the pore lining and inhibiting sebum production. It refines pores by solubilizing with oil/keratin present in the pores and giving a clean, bright, and blemish-free skin. Research also shows that SA has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help to reduce and prevent mild acne.
- Can salicylic acid serum cause purging or breakouts?
Any active ingredient that promotes cell turnover can cause purging in certain people, especially with sensitive or acne-prone skin. It is an entirely natural and normal response to active ingredients. Salicylic acid along with candida bombicola/ glucose/methyl/rapeseedate ferment pushes trapped sebum and oil to the surface, and thus those acnes which were supposed to appear later pop up early. The natural cell shedding cycle in healthy young women is 28 days. So, purging usually subsides in 3-4 weeks.
It is important to stick with a product during the purging phase. You cannot avoid purging, but there are things you can do to ease it out. The first and most important thing is to take it slow. If you are new to acids, apply 2-3 times a week, and gradually increase your frequency.
- Can this serum be used by both men and women?
YES, This serum is suitable for both men and women.
- What is the recommended age of using the salicylic acid serum?
Scientifically, it is safe for a younger age, but to avoid overconsumption and any undesirable effects, we recommend it for teens and adults (Above 15 years). People below 15 years should consult their doctor before including this into their routine.
Since more research is needed on the impact of topical SA on features or babies, pregnant and breastfeeding, women should consult their doctor before including SA into their routine. People with specific skin conditions or health issues shall also consult their doctor before using any direct acid.
In stock (can be backordered)
Anti-Acne Serum – Clears Acne and Pimples | REEHDUS BIOTECH
Acne Removal | Anti-Inflammatory | Blackheads,Whiteheads Removal
Want to trade your ACNE with spotless skin? This serum is your ideal deal. It fights against dirty acne effectively and fades away the scars and pesky spots. Also aids in reducing the pore size significantly on continuous usage. This serum is made with 2%salicylic acid combined with Candida Bombicola/Glucose/Methyl Rapeseedate Ferment extract.
WHAT IS CANDIDA BOMBICOLA/GLUCOSE/METHYL RAPESEEDATE FERMENT?
Candida bombicola is a non-pathogenic yeast is used along with glucose and methyl rapeseedate ferment which undergoes a fermentation process, to produce biosurfactant sophorolipids. This active ingredient is used in personal care products as biosurfactant which increases the oil solubility in the product formula. The use of biosurfactants are preferred over traditional surfactants, as they are a heterogeneous group of surface-active molecules synthesized by microorganisms such as yeast (Candida bombicola), reduces the surface tension and interfacial tension, improving the efficacy of the product. This biosurfactant in cosmetic and personal care products is considered safe, non-toxic, and eco-friendly.
|Dimensions||12.7 × 12.7 × 7.62 cm|
aloevera juice, carrot root ferment filtrate, ethoxydiglycol, ZINC PCA, candida bombicola/glucose/methyl rapeseedate ferment extract, glycerin, salicylic acid, niacinamide, myo-inositol, camellia sinesis leaf extract, phenoxyethanol.
How to Apply
Step 1: Apply once (AM or PM, preferably in PM).
Step 2: Gently pat 1-2 drops into the face and neck after cleansing.
Step 3: Allow 1-2 minutes before layering with other serums or moisturizers.
Exfoliation makes your skin susceptible to sunburn, so always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 and above while using this product. Although it is proven to show significant results when applied daily for two weeks, continue the product for at least 8-10 weeks for its full effect.
BENEFITS OF CANDIDA BOMBICOLA/GLUCOSE/METHYL RAPESEEDATE FERMENT + 2% SALICYLIC ACID:
- Exhibits antimicrobial property: Its antimicrobial activity decreases the growth of microorganisms on the skin and protects the skin from infections.
- Treats Acne and Acne Marks – 2% Salicylic Acid is intensely exfoliating and controls excess sebum in the pores. It acts as a potent ingredient to treat existing pimples and acne, as well as prevent further breakouts.
- Prevents sebum production: It controls the excess of sebum production.
- Unclogs Pores – The anti-inflammatory and oil-soluble properties of Salicylic Acid allow it to penetrate deep within the pores to unclog them. It clears out the pores by detaching the dead skin cells and other debris from within the pores, allowing the skin to get clearer over time.
- Acts as a skin-protecting agent: It protects the skin from the harmful effects of external factors.
- Acts as cleansing agent: Acts as an excellent cleansing agent which keeps the surface of the skin clean.
- Removes and Prevents Whiteheads & Blackheads – The combination of 2% Salicylic Acid and CANDIDA BOMBICOLA/GLUCOSE/METHYL RAPESEEDATE FERMENT exfoliates the pores’ walls to prevent the appearance of whiteheads and blackheads. With no more debris and sebum inside the pores, it eventually stops the formation of acne.
- Acts as a surfactant: This Biosurfactant reduces the surface tension of the active ingredients in the product formula and facilitates easy application of the product.
- Works as a deodorant: It effectively masks the unpleasant body odour.
Follow it up with REEHDUS BIOTECH 2%Hyaluronic Acid Serum for extra hydration and lightweight non-comedogenic moisturizer for best results.
We recommend a patch test before first use. Discontinue if redness or irritation occurs. Avoid using on wounded skin. Results may vary depending on your skin condition.